Old May 28th 21, 05:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_7_]

Default Newby questions about the GLASFLUGEL H 201 STANDARD LIBELLE

On Friday, May 28, 2021 at 8:21:41 AM UTC-5, Dan Daly wrote:
On Friday, May 28, 2021 at 8:28:16 AM UTC-4, Hank Nixon wrote:
On Friday, May 28, 2021 at 4:45:40 AM UTC-4, LoftusRoadLad wrote:
New to gliding (won't say "soaring" since I haven't been accused of doing much of that) and was interested in buying a forgiving starter glider. I've flown the 1-26 extensively but would like a bit more performance--feel like I'm stuck at the field.

Coming from a 1-26, it will be easy to build up speed in a Libelle. In your current flying, concentrate on exact airspeed control in circuit flying until you get the Libelle. The dive brakes aren't powerful enough to get rid of any excess energy, but are adequate for a well-flown circuit. If you can get dual in a high performance two-seat glass glider, it would be time well spent - it amazing how quickly the knots build up. The Libelle is the prettiest glider I've seen, and it is a regret that I have never had the chance to fly one.

There is a TN to increase the spoiler travel that I am sniffing at - but really, they're fine. It will seem like a big change from a 1-26 with a skid because it is a big change!