Old July 28th 20, 02:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default inverted Schweizer towhook

On Wednesday, July 22, 2020 at 1:55:54 PM UTC-7, Charles Longley wrote:
No field approval needed. Just a moderately competent A&P/IA. AC43.13-2B chapter 8 addresses tow hitch installation-
https://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/...043.13-2B..pdf

Charles, thanks for your reply. But I'm informed that the original article quoted in the first post is correct in stating that a 337 and possibly a field approval would be needed. I'm told that Part 43 has approved data for installing tow hooks on aircraft and this modification does not conform to that data.