Old November 20th 20, 03:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Galloway[_2_]

Default Best Overall Motorglider available today?

Leaving aside the grammar squabble, why the hang-up about the best L/D Mr T? Modern competition gliders are designed for good climbing and good inter-thermal cruising performance. If the bit of the polar in between turns out to give a high best L/D figure all well and good, but when should such a glider be flown at best L/D? Hardly ever - and if anyone is hoping that best L/D is maybe going to get them home when a higher MC setting final glide won't then they need to have a good think about the implications and possible consequences of that.

Best motor-glider? As an ex-owner of a JS1C 18/21 I was very keen to get a JS2 but it has taken too long in development, I didn't really want the 21m tips without which it probably wouldn't be very salable, (Oxford comma) and the JS3 and pending JS5 will outgun it in the 18m and Open classes respectively. I am pretty happy with the Ventus 3M.

John Galloway

On Friday, 20 November 2020 at 14:09:22 UTC, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Paul T wrote on 11/19/2020 11:25 PM:
At 12:13 19 November 2020, Paul T wrote:
For all you non-believers and skeptics that did not believe the JS1 had

been measured by the Idafleig at 63:1 please see the latest posting on th

Jonkers website regarding the JS2. Your really not as smart as you thin
you
are.

Apologies, should have said FB page(although the article should also be on

their website)- the article by Segelfleigen magazine on the JS2
acknowledges that Idafleig measured the JS1C at 63:1 as you where
previously informed off, but had to have a massive debate decrying the
fact.
Hopefully some of you have the intellect to read German.

I, like most of the people on this forum, do have the intellect to read German, but not the
training or the motivation. Why not translate crucial paragraph(s) for us?