Old December 14th 20, 12:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

Default Best Overall Motorglider available today?

I would think the vaunted Jeta would be the obvious answer. I remember
you saying it looked great (on paper), but you were going to wait until
they showed up on the used market. Wait no longer, you can pick one up
on W&W today. A used glider with just zero hours on it! New glider
smell with a used glider price!

https://wingsandwheels.com/classifie...gp15-jeta.html

On 12/13/20 5:39 PM, Ramy wrote:
Back to the op question, is the new AS33ME will be the answer?

https://www.alexander-schleicher.de/...self-launcher/

Ramy

On Saturday, November 28, 2020 at 8:22:24 PM UTC-8, John Iacobucci wrote:
On Thursday, September 17, 2020 at 11:24:30 AM UTC-4, jfitch wrote:
So, you've owned the Wankel and had problematic maintenance? Or you are guessing? The Wankel is an ICE, it has a fuel system, ignition system, cooling system, and belt drive reduction system as they all do. Maintenance tasks are identical in most respects with any glider ICE. Only if you have to tear the engine down completely will you see the differences (and here the Wankel is somewhat simpler, having 2 moving parts).
On Thursday, September 17, 2020 at 5:51:39 AM UTC-7, John Iacobucci wrote:
One can argue the Wankle is less vibration on the whole, but maintenance for problems would be problematic. Pluses and minuses.

In response to jfitch: not guessing. Have two friends had to send engine to Europe for work. After all the bother of sending it, being in the factory more than a season, they were told to buy a new one. Very expensive. Like I said, my only problem was solved by a local mechanic in two hours. Back to flying same day. Not guessing, just relaying my experience