Old May 29th 08, 03:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Default EAA plans major building expansion?

I bring this up because a lot of people feel that EAA has become too
commercial and has forgotten their constituency.

EAA is a big business with a shrinking constituency. Look at the "Gone
West" column each month, and all the empty airports, and it's easy to see
what they're up against.

If expanding the Airventure grounds so that it may be better used for other
events helps to preserve our annual fly-in, I'm all for it. I wish it were
otherwise, but there just ain't enough new pilots in the pipeline to support
EAA. As a result, their choices are rather stark.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA