Old September 22nd 17, 07:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
krasw

Default sunlight readable iphone

perjantai 22. syyskuuta 2017 7.42.43 UTC+3 jfitch kirjoitti:
On Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 6:47:54 PM UTC-7, Darryl Ramm wrote:
On Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 1:06:53 PM UTC-7, jfitch wrote:
[snip]
Even though years old now, Winpilot is still way ahead of SYM.

Wow you do comedy as well. I'll respond in person when we are both holding beers. :-)

There really isn't anything wrong with SYM that a complete and total re-write of the UI wouldn't fix. :-) But if I have to deal with it as it is, you buy the beer.

What is the problem with SYM UI? It is far more easier to use, and configurable, than XCSoar. Not to mention glide computers which have no touchscreens at all. The UI is designed to be used in cockpit enviroment, with gloves on. In that enviroment some fancy Android or IPhone gestures would make me throw it out of the window in 15 seconds. You cannot even grab a modern phone without accidentally starting some app or pressing buttons on the edge