Old January 15th 04, 04:01 PM
C J Campbell

"Orval Fairbairn" wrote in message
news |

| I watched the hit piece. IMHO, the Eagle's Nest people got taken -- they
| probably invited CBS in, hoping that they would make a feature putting
| the "threat" into perspective.

Shows like "60 Minutes" thrive on this kind of optimism. They tell their
victims "We can do this with you or without you, but if you cooperate you
will get to tell your side of the story." Sure you do. They just won't air
the part that tells your side of the story. And yet people still think after
years of this nonsense that they can still beat the network smear goons at
their own game. Just goes to show there is a sucker born every minute.

So many people over at rec.aviation.piloting were so proud that their emails
and calls prompted yet another network type to come out and do a response at
their airport. Most of them will not be aired at all or, if they are lucky,
in the middle of the daytime soaps. Those that actually make prime time news
will be made to look like fools or selfish, evil businessmen that got their
toes stepped on.

My advice: never talk to a reporter. Never cooperate. Harass and interfere
with their work as much as possible. Let them know that they are a detriment
to society and that their efforts are not appreciated -- in any area, not
just aviation. Remember, what they do to aviation is what they do to
everybody else. Ask any landlord, doctor, or boat owner. Those people don't
advertise on TV, so it is easy to pick on them.