Old January 31st 06, 09:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

Default Impressed with the Courtesy of ATC from NC to Miami and Back

I had the same experience a while back flying down to Miami from
the midwest. Went down the west side of the state and across
over I-75. Then down the west side of Miami to Tamiami. All the Center,
Approach, and local controllers were great. Well with the exception
of the local controllers at Lakeland. I thought they were snippy
and rude .. like I was bothering them stopping to eat and
buy gas. Don't know if it's a contract tower or FAA.

jls wrote:
It's been a while since I did much radio work with ATC and was dreading
it but found ATC very courteous, helpful, and professional.

Those people work in pressure cookers, and yet they manage to be so
nice.

One thing I noticed. The controllers have widely differing
personalilties and voices--and are quick with the words --- a real
treat to listen to.

It's great to be an American.

I stopped in Bacon County, GA to fill up at a self-service pump ---
2.90 a gallon --- and met a nice Georgian there, who also commented
that Jax Approach were the nicest folks around.
He was traveling with his German Shorthaired Pointer in a Bonanza, and
told me where to go to get a Coca-Cola, since I was about dehydrated.

Ain't life just grand, and that much grander that we can fly!