Old July 16th 10, 10:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RST Engineering[_2_]

Default FAA Medical Question

On 14 Jul 2010 22:01:53 GMT, Bob Moore
wrote:

Waste of both time and money. For Private Pilot operations, 1st, 2nd, and
3rd class medical certificates all have exactly the same total valid time.

Yeah, but ...

When I lived down south, I had an AME with license #17. He was 78
when I first met him and 88 when he turned his shingle around. His
teen-aged daughter worked in the office. You do the math. If you
couldn't bend over and touch your toes, he'd slam both palms face down
on the floor and say, "like THAT". Marvelous man.

His advice (since a 1st class and a 3rd class were the same price !!)
was to go for the first class on the off chance that some yoyo will
involve you in an accident and you will be able to prove that you were
in 1st class shape not too many months ago.

Just for my 8% of two bits.

Jim