Old February 12th 04, 02:42 PM
Ed Medlin

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 05:25:24 +0000, Ludlow Johnson wrote:

Posting ealier about FS04 pc choice.
Got new PC and then it started to crash (2days old) Tech support says
overheating......return for repair/replacement

Really ticked me off, becasue FS was just gangbusters on the new PC.
Rendering was really good and the controls were more realistic. Is a frame
rate of 60-65 about what you would expect?? Funny thing though, I found
that night landings were much easier with the new graphics.
I guess if spend enough $$$, things should get better.

This is my first pc with independant video/sound cards. Is overheating an
issue with these new powerful 3D type cards??

I would suspect that the overheating was probably CPU related rather than
video card related. Most all of the newer video cards have sufficient
cooling solutions and decent PCs will have good ventilation. If you are
getting 60-65fps, you might want to turn down the target frame rate and
turn up the video goodies. Crank up the eye-candy and set your target at
25fps or so and you will see a lot more of what FS2004 has to offer.

Ed