Old December 11th 17, 03:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default Buy Glider without looking

On Saturday, December 9, 2017 at 1:14:47 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 6:26:52 AM UTC-5, Casey wrote:
Has anyone every sold a glider without the buyer looking at it?

I have my glider listed for sell and the guy is buying without looking at it and sending a cashiers check and arranging shipping....sound familiar.

Casey

Maybe I missing something but not sure why your worried about scam.

You have the glider. The buyer is sending you a cashier's check and arranging for shipping.

Therefore, you can cash the check before the bill of sale is signed and the glider is shipped.

So you get your money and he gets the glider.

Did i miss something?

Yeah, you missed about $100k or so. To review, cashier's checks can be FORGED. That means they are NO GOOD. Got it now?

Tom