Old April 11th 21, 07:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
noel.wade

Default Transition from iOS to Windows PC

All -

Be advised that "Boot Camp" (which Dan mentioned) only works for Macs using an Intel CPU (basically, devices made between about 2008 and mid-2020).

Now that Apple has switched to their own "M1" CPU, Boot camp will no longer work.

For M1 compatibility with software solutions for running Windows on a Mac (such as Parallels and Virtual Box), check with software manufacturer - this is still an evolving situation.

Take care,

--Noel

On Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 11:10:17 AM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
Probably talking the same thing but, during my very short time with an
iMac, while switching it to Linux I learned of something caled "Boot
Camp" which is a way of creating a Windows system on your Mac. It will
still run Apple software, too.

Dan