Old October 1st 03, 06:26 AM
Jeff

Thats alot more then I was quoted from my avionics shop, they said 500$
and they updated the software.

ArtP wrote:

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 18:18:38 -0700, Jeff wrote:

Right now I am considering it
for my new plane, WAAS is not something I need, but from what I
understand from talking to my avionics shop, all that is needed when the
WAAS updates come out is for you to take it to the shop and they will
update the software in it. No big deal, only takes a few minutes.
I dont see sales going down on the 430 or 530, they are really good
systems especially now since you can get the terrain data base for it.

According to Garmin updating my dual GNS 430s for WAAS will cost $1500
per unit. They have to be removed and shipped to the factory.