Old February 22nd 05, 04:16 PM
Howard Nelson

"Jack Allison" wrote in message
RST Engineering wrote:

Single engine
Night
Mountains

Pick any two.

I was kind of thinking along the same lines. Having flown across the
Sierra Nevada's only a few times in the day, I sure wouldn't want to do
so at night. Even a cloudless full moon night in a brand new high
performance single engine...nope, wouldn't want to do it. Way too much
cumulo-Granite down there. I'd much rather limit my mountain crossings
to the daytime.

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-IA Student-Arrow Shopping Student

I have flown numerous times single engine, day, over both rockies and
sierras. I don't know what the actual realities are but the sierras are much
more "scary". They rise faster, fewer valleys and more bare rock. I have
always felt that I have had an "out" when flying over the rockies not so the
sierras.

Howard