Old February 7th 06, 02:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default 12 dead this weekend from GA crashes

by "Flyingmonk" Feb 7, 2006 at 06:12 AM

What would be wrong with mandating better security at GA airports?

What would be wrong with enforcing noise abatement?

What would be wrong with charging people for the services they use?

Because NONE of the above is a real threat to anyone and THAT money can
be better spent elsewhere. DUMBASS!

The Monk

I thought you were supposed to be a placid Buddhist type. The "DUMBASS!"
seems to belie that...

Anyway, excessive noise is a large, and growing problem. Millions of
people are directly affected. There are many anti-noise groups throughout
the country, but I choose to work solo, for now...

As far as money being better spent elsewhere, I totally agree: federal
grants (operating and AIP) to GA airports should be eliminated. Zero.
Make the users fully pay.