Old December 23rd 06, 09:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

Default Airport in Photo F35 2

I did a triple take and it took me 5 minutes to figure out the airport in
Herb's post from 12/20. I was expecting to see Lockheed and NAS/ JRB's long
runway after first having my eyes fall on the airplane. The hwy was Loop
820 for sure, but the NAS Base, Lockheed and Lake Worth, which terminates
the runway, were missing. After staring for a while and going to Google
Earth to verify, the airport in the photo turned out to be Ft. Worth's
municipal & G.A. Airport, Meacham Field...six miles to the east of NAS/JRB.
The plane is on an ESE heading and the NAS runway is almost directly SW of
his location by about two miles, out of the photograph. Maybe he made a
wide loop. They said he never raised the gear for the approx.35 min.
flight, because of the airprobe malfunction. I had first considered that it
could have been FW and Perot's Alliance airport 6 miles to the N. They said
that was an option for landing, if necessary. Thanks for the post...and the
puzzle.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F 35   2.jpg