Old March 22nd 19, 12:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Caldwell (BC)

Default Salida, CO flying this summer?

On Thursday, March 21, 2019 at 11:18:17 AM UTC-6, Ramy wrote:
This was an interesting day...It was only 5 years ago I think. We are still young
There is a chance I may be interested in Salida as well for few days in the beginning of July.

Ramy

Hi Guys,

As you know Salida is a great place to fly. But we can have significant monsoon flows later in the summer. So be aware that the later in the summer you are there, the more chance you have for tough flying with early OD and T'storms. Good days certainly happen but it can be pretty wet. September usually is drying out and we have some great fall days.

Bob

Bob