Old April 11th 04, 07:07 PM
Bob Fry

"Kyle Boatright" writes:

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
news:Rfbec.11364$wP1.29649@attbi_s54...
What's the West Coast equivalent of Sun N Fun?

Is there one?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Probably Arlington or Copper State, although neither approaches the size of
SnF... There simply are not as many aircraft on the West Coast as on the
East Coast.

The Golden West EAA Regional Fly-In
(http://www.goldenwestflyin.org/gwaahome.shtml) tries to be the West
Coast equivalent, but it doesn't cut it. Poorly organized and the
locale is lousy. I probably won't go and it's only 40 miles away.

I find the Watsonville Fly-In & Air Show
(http://www.watsonvilleflyin.org/) to be more fun, though fog is a
real problem by then on the Pacific Coast.

Hope to fly up to Arlington this year with my Ercoupe buddy.

If none of those are good enough, there's always the University
Airport (Zero Oscar Five) 2nd Annual Open House April 24, 10am-2pm.