Old March 7th 06, 10:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Default Jim Burns is An Old Man Today

("Jay Honeck" wrote)
Unless this is a plastic kiddie wading pool, you can't do that in anything
less than a day.

Don't ask me how I know this...

1975-1978 High School pool lifeguard

"Floaties"

1. Colander (plastic strainer) + strong chlorine in a bleach jug + 1 gallon
pail.
2. Move kids away from the particular area (usually a corner for some
reason).
3. Lowest guard on the seniority list scoops the poop into pail.
4. Other guard opens side door.
5. Fling floatie(s) outside onto grass.
6. Pour gallon of concentrated chlorine around the area.
7. Make kids wait 15 minutes before they can swim in that area.
8. Point to some older kids, have them come over, sit on the side, and kick
the water to stir up the chlorine after 15 minutes - just to make sure. Hey,
we were the (17 year old) lifeguards - kids did what we told them to do.
:-)

200 kids in pool continue to play and swim.

We learned not to try scooping with the 1 gallon plastic ice cream container
because the scooping motion would often push the "catch of the day" away
from the lip of the pail. The colander was the thing that made out system
work. g

Montblack