Old April 5th 20, 09:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chuck Zabinski

Default ASW-15 Impressions

20 years ago, I was in a ASW15B Co-op partnership. I only had about 140 hours of flying experience at that time. I learned a lot flying the ASW15B. It is easy to assemble, roomy (for me at 6'-200 lbs) and has no bad flight characteristics. No problems with the full flying horizontal stabilizer. I got about 115 hours in it, most of the flights about 2 houra. I did my Silver Altitude and Distance in it. I loved the way it thermaled in weak conditions. I tried to buy it from the partnership but could not come to terms. I wanted to do more cross country flying but was afraid of damaging the glider and inconveniencing my partners. Ended up getting a Hph 304CZ so I could do more cross-country.

Highly recommend the ASW15B as a first glass ship.

Chuck Zabinski