Old September 26th 05, 02:40 AM
Jim Burns

Same here. That's part of what I love about owning and a great reason just
to go to the airport. I wouldn't mind if someone else washed it, but I'd
want to wax it myself. There's a certain hesitation to turning some one
else loose with all the tools to scratch the living H out of your paint and
windows.

And to have someone detail our Aztec, it would probably cost more than a
couple tanks of fuel.
Jim

wrote in message
"Jay Honeck" wrote:
What would you pay to have your plane "detailed"?

Depends what it included.
I love doing the detailing myself ... for me, that's part of the fun of
owning the airplane. Some days the weather looks iffy or it's crowded up
there or ya just don't feel 100% for flying, but it's still fun going to
the airport to clean/polish/fix.

What, in your opinion, should be part of the "detailing"?

If I were going to have it done, I would think it would include washing,
waxing, vacuuming, upholstery cleaning/conditioning (if necessary), and
cleaning the panel, switches, knobs, etc. That's what *I* do when I set
out to give the airplane a thorough once over.

What do you do? or do you pay someone to do it?