Old January 9th 04, 04:33 AM
Mike Patterson

On 09 Jan 2004 04:23:49 GMT, (StellaStar) wrote:

Most of the "repairs" I have
done on those types are due to not cleaning and/or not rustproofing.

Horribly off-topic, but I know you experts will have this answer too: my
teenage boy spends his allowance on great fake swords that he just adores. I
hesitate to criticize the dreadful workmanship (handles and hilts tend to fall
off) because they're within his budget, but at least they're not chrome-plated.
He's gone through sandpaper and steel wool to polish them (hey, it keeps him
off the streets) and now is on a quest to find something called Naval Jelly.
Apparently it's for polishing metal to a very fine finish. Any ideas where I
can get him some?

Here's what is is:
http://www.shorechemical.com/Section...aval_jelly.htm

And you can get it at any hardware store, paint store, Home Depot,
Lowes, and I think they even sell it at Wal-Mart.

HTH
Mike
Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.