Old May 19th 07, 07:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
scronje

Default CTB - LWS : Plane for the mission? Pilot for the plane?

Hi again, John!!

On Fri, 18 May 2007 17:57:51 -0700, John Galban wrote:

At 200 lbs. under gross and 10,000 ft. density altitude, I still see
400-500 fpm in the climb.

That sounds pretty impressive.

You can check out my
website. It's mostly backcountry airstrips and camping locations.
It's at :

http://www.johngalban.com/

Very neat site! Thank you. I have spent some time looking at it, and taken
a look at some of the strips you mention. Many of them are rather close
to the route I was discussing

How did you "get into" mountain flying? How much dual did you do before
you went at it alone? Some of those strips look pretty challenging, at
least in the photos.

Regards

Steve