Old July 23rd 03, 12:21 AM
Marty Ross

An IFR question about this trip came up.

I started using AeroPlanner.com, and asked it to show me other people's
routes to Chico from the Los Angeles area.
The first plan I looked at uses the same waypoints I was thinking of using,
but it adds the intersection "DURHA" to the end.

Since DURHA is only 9 miles from the airport, and it's on the way, I am
wondering "why" this intersection was added to the flight plan. I checked
all of the approaches, and found that DURHA is used as the holding fix for
the missed segment in all of the approaches for rwy 13L, BUT IT'S NOT AN
IAF!

I thought you should list IAFs in your flight plan, not missed holding
fixes! Any thoughts?

"Marty Ross" wrote in message
Thanks!

Is it (O22) pretty well attended days (e.g., 1-4pm)?

Good place for gas?

Is town really just a couple of blocks by foot?

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message
On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 21:37:32 GMT, "Marty Ross"
wrote in Message-Id: :

The only stop I'm currently thinking of is at Columbia (O22)

If you've got the time, you can camp there too.

Keep your eyes open for deer wandering onto the runway. It's located
adjacent to the forest.