Old June 3rd 04, 04:23 PM
Stealth Pilot

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 23:57:10 -0400, "Bob Chilcoat"
wrote:

As I mentioned in a couple of other threads in RAP recently, the trim
jackscrew is very worn in our '74 Archer. The wear seems to be nearly half
of the thread depth. In other words, you can move the screw laterally
inside the drum about half of the height of a thread. It can be rocked
angularly inside the drum something like 5-7 degrees. Our A&P can't get to

Bob
ground the aircraft and replace the components.
they've given good service time to replace them.
....but hell make your own decisions. I mean all you can lose from
continuing to fly the aircraft is the aircraft and your life.
seems like a cheap option to me.
Stealth Pilot