Old December 13th 11, 01:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Best Club class glider

On Dec 12, 5:34*pm, "Tim Mara" wrote:
if you could buy a good one in your budget I'd go for the Hornet above all
the rest!
I've owned a mess of gliders......lost count, and have flown everything on
your list in one form or another and none on the list come close to the
Hornet in pure joy to fly "and own"......I've in fact owned every Hornet "C"
in the USA (there were unfortunately one 2 of these ever in the US) ) and
have one to this day!.....It may not have the blazing performance of later
gliders but with the light wings, super powerful and easy to use dive
brakes, large roomy and fully adjustable cockpit, automatic hook-ups of
everything, forward hinged canopy and yes.Glasflugel innovation and handling
it's just hands down the best ship to own and more than just competitive
with everything on your list plus you just don't have to think about flying
the glider.it's simply automatic and fly's like you think.....just point and
shoot!
good luck
Tim
Please visit the Wings & Wheels website atwww.wingsandwheels.com

"Paul T" wrote in message

.com...

Thinking about purchasing a club class glider for next year (can't afford
JS1 or ASG29). I know Std Cirri seem to be popular, but notice G Dale has
bought a DG100 or 101 and won the UK Nationals in it -just wondered which
would be the best for club class competition and what the pro's and con's
would be of the following:-

Std Cirrus, 75 or 81 ?

ASW19/19B

ASW15B

LSIF

DG100/101

Std Jantar 2/3

Glasflugel Std Libelle

Glasflugel Hornet

Pegase

I'll have about £15k max to spend.

signature database 6705 (20111212) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 6705 (20111212) __________

http://www.eset.com- Hide quoted text -

I would go with a glider that is easy to rig. Auto control hook ups
are a real plus. The early model Std Circus is IMHO pretty complex to
rig. I enjoyed my Standard Libelle. Do not forget about
ventilation. Most gliders do not have enough ventilation.

Bill Snead
6W

Bill Snead