Old December 1st 03, 03:33 AM
Gerald Sylvester

Just for a taster as well as a good book, try the book
by Barbara Rowell released about a year ago. She flew
a 206 or 210 down and back. Sadly she and her husband
(very well known photographer, Galen) died on approach
into Bishop California in August or September 2002.
Excellent book about the travel that gets into the flying
but not overly so.

Gerald

Paul Millner wrote:
Howdy,

A couple of us are planning on flying my turbo Cardinal RG from California
to Argentina next October... my buddy was born there (Argentinian British)
and is returning for a family reunion.

I've flown about 3,500 hours, in the US, Canada, and Mexico, but never
further south. There's quite a bit in print about flying in Mexico and
Central America, but not much I've found on South America. AOPA's not been
particularly helpful with details.

Can anyone point me at source material on flying south of Panama, or share
their experiences on GA in South America?

We've thinking a west coast jaunt on the way down, with a return, perhaps,
across Brazil and island hopping through the Caribbean.

Paul, Berkeley CA