Old June 15th 09, 08:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
eclipsme

Default Shuttle Transport Story

vaughn wrote:
"Ross" wrote in message
Let's say the story is true. I would sure hate to think that one of the
few remaining shuttles tied to the 747 was at 1000' for any length of time
for a show. The risk of loosing the shuttle/747/crew is just too great.
The only time he should be that low was on final approach to landing.

Although the story leaves me with many questions, the part about the
"show" at the end of the flight at least generally jibes with published
accounts.

Vaughn

Silliness. Just pure silliness! Back to flying now...

Harvey