View Single Post
Old July 26th 18, 06:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight
external usenet poster

Default Best software for evaluating FAI Speed Tasks (Triangle)

On Thursday, July 26, 2018 at 10:56:39 AM UTC-4, Brian wrote:
Thank You T8. I would like to think I am pretty persistent and reasonably good at figuring software out.
I would guess SeeYou does what I want, but it is likely hidden in some obscure drop down somewhere.

I had found the Observation Zone you had mentioned and it works ok for confirming the flight entered the turn Point Sector.
But I haven’t figured out how to identify the Start/Finish Times from this. I don’t see any way to zoom in on the Observation Zone, nor do I see that it shows the individual recorded GPS points.

If I just zoom in on the map and click on the trace I recall it does show me the time and Altitude, which is what I want. But I have no way of telling which GPS point it is actually showing me. All it needs is a tick mark on the GPS trace so when I zoom in close I can tell which point I am clicking on to get the time and altitude information. Better still would be if the Tick Changed color when I clicked on it and it showed me that information.

If anyone know where the setting to display the GPS points on the trace I would appreciate them showing me how to do it.

Thanks Again

Brian

SeeYou gives you the start, finish and waypoint achieved times, speed on legs and speed on task on the stats page (Alt + 4 key or menu bar).

T8