Old December 16th 05, 03:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Commercial Airline Pilot Complains about noise from Police Siren!!

Sirens in modern police cars are way louder than is reasonable. Remember
the past? Why the difference?

"Skylune" wrote in message
lkaboutaviation.com...
As the Beacon Turns #96: Who You Calling Heavy?

An early morning departure from San Francisco in his nearly half-million
pound heavy jet reminds Michael Maya Charles of the value of looking
carefully at aircraft performance when you are confronted with something
out of the ordinary.

By Michael Maya Charles
Columnist

As the Beacon Turns

Early morning departures in the airline business are not unusual. But when
the phone rang at 3:30 a.m. to announce my wakeup call, I had already been
up for 45 minutes, after a nice policeman passed right by my hotel window,
siren blaring and lights flashing, as he navigated the dark, narrow San
Francisco streets. Must have been in hot pursuit of the fresh batch at
Dunkin' Donuts.

Unbelievable!! A pilot flying a heavy out of San Fran around 5 am is
bitching about noise!!!! And impugning the cops!!!!

I thought this level of idiocy was reserved for some GA pilots, but I
guess not....