Old June 5th 07, 11:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
mike regish

Default Gasohol

I ran out of gas twice with my latest vehicle. I had it before the gasohol
change and I knew where it ran out because I intentionally ran it out while
I was carrying gas for the plane. Since gasohol, I've run out twice well
above the empty mark set before.

Had to shake the car some to get it going when I put gas in, too.

mike

"Bryan Martin" wrote in message
With gasohol, the gas stations no longer have to bother draining out the
accumulated water from their tanks. The small amount of water that
condenses out in the tanks simply dissolves into the next load of
gasohol that gets poured into the tank and you pump a little bit of it
into your car every time you fill up. Of course, if you get too much
water in the gas, it settles out to the bottom of the tank and takes all
the alcohol with it. You end up with a mixture at the bottom that won't
burn worth a damn and the rest of the gasoline with a much reduced
octane rating.