Old September 29th 03, 01:20 PM
Wright1902Glider

Lol... I'd be one of those currently on the low end of the scale. And if
anyone had told me seven years ago that I'd not only build a flying machine,
but that it would be providing my income for the next three months, I'd have
beat him with a spar.

But, as fate would have it, the replica Wright machines have turned out to be
my salvation. Now, if we can just get yellow poplar recognised as a widely
aceptable replacement for spruce, I really could build a Home Depot airplane!

Harry
Wright 1902 glider - hull #7
Wright 1899 kite - hull #6

By the way, a good jack plane is an excelent way to trim the long surfaces of
those laminations flat in a hurry.