Old December 3rd 03, 02:20 AM
Gerry Caron

"David Reinhart" wrote in message
The NeverLost system in Hertz cars is by Garmin, and it is fantastic.

It's
smart enough to change routes based on time of day, voice directions, on

and
on. I spent a week on Long Island with one of those in the car and never

got
lost once. The only thing I couldn't find (which isn't saying it's not

there)
was a way to set a location, like my hotel, so I could just punch in "go

here"
instead of entering the address again.

Every NeverLost system I've seen was built by Magellan (now part of Thales).
Tho they do work well most of the time. I did get one once that would
reboot every 5 minutes losing the destination in the process. Gave up after
the second failure. I can't say much nice about the strange alpha entry
cursoring around the field. Definitely prefer the scroll up/down method on
my Garmin.

Gerry