Old February 3rd 06, 12:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default An interesting trial flight attempt...

Screw the FAA, and lawyers. Useless waste of carbon, most of the time.

How about some smart person come up with a FLARM clone that will work
in the US (i.e. suitable frequencies), and would intergrate with the
FLARM display or software like MCU and SN10 that already support it.

Make it portable so we can hide it from the feds. Keep it small and
unobtrusive. Stick it behind the panel, hook it up to your PDA or
computer, and bug all your glider buddies to get one. I bet if it was
priced right a lot of XC and racers would get one. I know I would.

Safety is always about what you do, not what someone else behind a desk
does...

66