Old February 21st 19, 12:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Affect of Alcohol (Beer) on Soaring and Soaring Racing

50+ years ago I was flying almost every day in a private pilot course at the University of Illinois. At my best I could chirp - chirp every landing in the Champion 7FC "Tri-Champ". After 4 beers the night before I could no longer do so though other performance measures seemed ok. I continued the study for 3, 2, 1 beers. Same result. I then resolved not to fly any aircraft for at least 24 hours after drinking any alcohol. Over the years this has seriously cut into my drinking.
Paul Paulikas