Old August 24th 04, 05:21 AM
Edwin

"ArtKramr" wrote in message
Subject: Fly tight for tight bomb patterns on the ground.
From: (B2431)
Date: 8/23/2004 8:40 PM Pacific Standard Time
From: "Pete"

Date: 8/23/2004 9:38 PM Central Daylight Time

"ArtKramr" wrote
From:
(BUFDRVR)
Date: 8/23/2004 4:13 PM Pacific Standard Time

In 1937, with career Army Air Corps crews, over Arizona with little

wind
it
worked great! In 1943 with crews that had been in service 18 months,

over
Germany with flak and fighters...not so well.

How the hell would you know?

Except a two mile long train of B-17s looks like donuts rolling off

the
production line to an Me-109 pilot.

We never flew in "long trains". What rinky dink air force were you

in?
Not
ours for sure. Too bad you never fought in a real war.

Jeez, Art! He was *agreeing* with you.

Pete

If art wanted to experience a real war I would have been glad to oblige

by
having him next to me when I was in the Army in Viet Nam. Granted we had

greater survival rate than the AAF did (before he got there) but he had a

bed
to sleep in, hot meals and cold drinks. I don't think he would have

lasted
even
if he was 18 as I was.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Are't you the big hero.

Little ****y tonight there aren't we Art?

Better call the nurse for some more medication.

Have her unplug that phone line also!

Edwin