Old April 4th 04, 11:11 PM
Smartace11

Peter Strong wrote:

Finally back in a Liberal Democracy after an interesting trip through
the Middle East and Sudan with a few odd scraps of metal as souvenirs
- well, it was either that or a stuffed camel...

Are these what I think they are and if so are they really made of
titanium (in which case I get the last laugh)?

see picture at:
http://www.camelworld.com/images/PICT0031a.JPG

Dunno about the big chunks, but that gear you're holding
came out of the differential (Chevy pick-up, 1954-60...)

;-)

That "gear" is a compressor rotor out of a cruise missile engine, quite
possibly a Tomahawk (Williams International F107 Turbofan). The other parts
are the engine cases and probably what is left of the turbine and the engine
accessories. The rotor is not Titanium. Most of the parts are a nickel steel
alloy.