Old July 19th 17, 04:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default ASG 29 organ pipe like noise above 83 knots

My '27 had rudder noise while thermalling, so I replaced the mylar, which was very loose. Now it makes the howl at 90+ knots, and I've confirmed it's the rudder by moving it and having the sound change depending on deflection and direction.

I'll give 711's suggestion a shot before my next flight. There are also a few more suggestions on the ASW-27 group that I'll also consider.

5Z

On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 6:32:14 PM UTC-7, Tony Gaechter wrote:
I recently bought a used ASG 29 and get a loud noise like an organ pipe above 83 knots. Can anyone suggest a cause and cure. The noise is very loud and distracting.