Old July 6th 18, 04:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Top Hat Question (XCSoar?)

On Friday, July 6, 2018 at 2:37:33 AM UTC-4, Wyll Surf Air wrote:
Just remember it will the zoom both in and out of circling mode are sticky so they will go back to what you were using the last time it was in that mode. Also you can test this out by replying an igc file at 1 or 2 times speed. If you replay at to fast a speed it won't trip the switch between cruise and climb.

Thanks--this was very helpful! Reducing the replay speed does allow certain automatic switching to occur. However, I still can't tell if I can do what I want. Fortunately this weekend looks very flyable so I'll get a chance to experiment...and will report the results.

Chip Bearden