Old September 28th 07, 02:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft,rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Default UFO HeliThruster and IFR?

virtuPIC wrote:
You might also want to ask yourself why
so many of the pictures show pilots wearing
helmets....

Yes, indeed. I've been wondering a long time...UFO claims they are
safe. And I can't imagine an accident where a helmet would be of real
use. Is it just my lack of fantasy? Lack of knowledge?

Well, since there seems to be no FAA-certified HeliThruster answers
have become less interesting. However, there might be some gyrocopter
with closed cabin that is easy to handle, stable, able to reach some
100 mph, and IFR-capable. (?)

virtuPIC

I don't think you will find any gyrocopter that is suitable for IFR flight.
It just isn't the nature of the beast.