Old December 6th 09, 05:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
a[_3_]

Default Very nice flight this morning

On Dec 6, 11:54*am, Mark wrote:
I got off a little later than expected due to
an unexpected frost, but the sun soon melted
that away and I was off. To me you can't beat
flying in the winter cause the cabin is comfortable,
the pressure is up, and the sky colors of this
time of year are incomparable. It was a scarlet
sunrise and I soon settled into a layer smooth
as glass. The light glittering off the lake was
absolutely beautiful. Trimmed out to hands-
free, there was no better way to spend the
morning. Finally after a couple of hours, I
remembered a place with buttermilk bisquits
and it took on importance, so I brought her
down, though it seemed like she landed
herself.

I'm thinking maybe tommorrow we should all
celebrate Pearl Harbor Day and enjoy the freedom
we have...that didn't come for free.

Living in America,
---
Mark

There was a bad frost at KBED a long time ago when I training for my
private, long before first solo. My instructor and I went to the Piper
140 -- windows were coated with frost. He suggested we turn the
airplane to the east so the sun would work its magic. As we were
moving it, another instructor walked by, saw what we were doing, and
asked "Hey, moving it closer to the sun?". We were of course doing
that, but I think the difference in the inverse square of the distance
to the sun mattered less than the change in cosine of the angle of
incidence. But what did I know, beitng a student pilot?

I would expect that instructor would put to shame the spammers on this
site: he had an overpowering intellect AND a sense of humor. Oh, and
he was a real pilot too. He would not be a "Loser On Line".