Old October 27th 17, 03:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default Balleka videos have been deleted from YouTube

On Friday, October 27, 2017 at 1:06:22 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Am Donnerstag, 26. Oktober 2017 15:39:12 UTC+2 schrieb :
I was sad to notice this morning that all of Balleka's videos have been deleted from YouTube. I owe my interest in the sport to those videos. Though I'm sure the family has their reasons for wanting them gone, it feels like part of Matt's legacy has been destroyed.

Those videos meant so much to him - It's like his family killed him a second time by deleting his heritage :-(

Having lost both my parents one by one in the past year, I can tell you everyone grieves differently. I think your statement is how YOU feel, perhaps his family members his family members felt this was something they needed to do as part of putting his affairs away. I hope that Matt's local gliding club could approach the family and express how much Matt's videos were enjoyed world wide, and ask permission to place back online, maybe under another name.