Old June 14th 19, 04:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Need Help Configuring Power FLARM Portable

Dan, since you're sending FLARM data to xcsoar on your Streak, I would use xcsoar to check the data stream that is actually going to the Streak. You can go to Config - Devices - and then select your FLARM device and Monitor the data stream to see if you're getting the $PFLAA sentences to the device. My guess is that the flarmconfig has gotten screwed up and is no longer sending those sentences. As I recall you can configure the RJ45 and db9 ports individually to send (or not) GPS, FLARM targets, or both.

Happy to email you my config file if you just want to give it a try. It's for a core not portable so there may be some parameters that aren't valid for you.

Robert

On Friday, June 14, 2019 at 10:18:00 AM UTC-5, Dan Marotta wrote:
You've read on another thread that, since updating the firmware in
my PF Portable and updating the FlarmNet data file in my ClearNav
II, I've not been receiving Flarm targets on the ClearNav or on my
wife's Streak.

Yesterday, full of hope, I downloaded and installed the just
released FlarmNet file (data.fln).Â* No joy!

The next easiest thing to try would be to roll back the PowerFlarm
firmware from 6.67 to 6.60 but I suspect that that won't work.Â* I
would expect a message telling me that I have a newer version
installed.

So I figured I'd try to reset the configuration of the Flarm.Â* I
went to Flarm.com and started the Configuration Tool.Â* One of the
earliest questions asked was for the serial number of my unit and,
when I entered that, I got an error stating that the serial number
was invalid!Â* True, I did not have the unit with me at home to
check, but I do have the SD card and it looks to me like the serial
number is either 960 or 000960.Â* I entered both and got errors.Â* My
PFP00960.txt
file is here to be looked at for any advice.Â* I'm out of
ideas.

--

Dan, 5J