Old June 14th 19, 05:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Need Help Configuring Power FLARM Portable

It had been working forever until the PowerFlarm 6.67 and flarmnet
updates.Â* But I'll check.Â* Maybe it got turned off somehow.Â* I've
checked the SD card used for the PF update and there's no config file on
it anywhere.

Hmmm....Â* The output from the PF RJ-45 connector is sent to a splitter,
from there direct to the CNII on one branch and to a serial to Bluetooth
converter.Â* Since I'm not (apparently) receiving a data stream on the
Streak, either, I don't suspect the BT converter.Â* Maybe the serial
cable has come loose from the Flarm or from the splitter.Â* I can check
that today.

On 6/14/2019 10:06 AM, Tango Eight wrote:
Which port is clearnav on? You have port 2 switched off.

You should set the port speed to 57600. Port 1 is set to 19200.

best,
Evan

On Friday, June 14, 2019 at 11:18:00 AM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
You've read on another thread that, since updating the firmware in
my PF Portable and updating the FlarmNet data file in my ClearNav
II, I've not been receiving Flarm targets on the ClearNav or on my
wife's Streak.

Yesterday, full of hope, I downloaded and installed the just
released FlarmNet file (data.fln).Â* No joy!

The next easiest thing to try would be to roll back the PowerFlarm
firmware from 6.67 to 6.60 but I suspect that that won't work.Â* I
would expect a message telling me that I have a newer version
installed.

So I figured I'd try to reset the configuration of the Flarm.Â* I
went to Flarm.com and started the Configuration Tool.Â* One of the
earliest questions asked was for the serial number of my unit and,
when I entered that, I got an error stating that the serial number
was invalid!Â* True, I did not have the unit with me at home to
check, but I do have the SD card and it looks to me like the serial
number is either 960 or 000960.Â* I entered both and got errors.Â* My
PFP00960.txt
file is here to be looked at for any advice.Â* I'm out of
ideas.

--

Dan, 5J

--