Old July 14th 08, 05:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Andy Hawkins

Default quick question -

Hi,

In article ,
Stealth wrote:
the acronym is so intuitive that I'm sure you wont need me to
elaborate.

sarcasm off

ersa is the 'enroute supplement australia' it is a large book of the
details of commercially used airfields in australia.

it is pretty useless for private flying beause of the subset of
airfields featured.

Ah, ok. I tend to consult a VFR flight guide first, and then if they have a
variable pattern give the airfield a call.

your windsocks must be made from concrete because we actually use ours
to determine the pattern. (hint: land into wind)

Err...yes. But how does a windsock tell you if it's a left or right hand
circuit?

Andy