Old September 29th 03, 11:42 PM
Denis Flament

Chris OCallaghan wrote:
Flew on Sunday in non-stable conditions. David Pixton flew his Ventus
2b at approx. 800 lbs, and I flew my Ventus 2bx at 1150 lbs. Because
conditions were turbulent, we were unable to do any smooth air
testing, but during the course of 10 pull ups (entry 100 knots, exit
60 knots) we observed the following:

Wing abreast with about 100 to 150 feet of separation, pull ups were
either even or slightly better (10 to 20 feet) for the heavier glider.

So... a heavy glider has a better L/D ratio - what a news ;-) !!!

what you have to find out is whether the advantage in the pull-up is the
same - or higher, or lower - than the advantage the heavier glider has
at cruise speed...

--
Denis
Private replies: remove "moncourrielest" from my e-mail address