Old February 27th 04, 08:25 PM
Jack G

OK - The cat is out of the bag - this is the technology that will be used in
the Apache/Comanche replacement.

Jack

"Jim E" wrote in message

"Sarah Hotdesking" wrote in
message ...
I received this today:-

There are still people in this company who think we weigh aircraft to

find
out how much they weigh, not to calculate stresses. Of course we need to
know how much the thing weighs. How are we ever going to know how many
Thrust Pixies we need to get the thing off the ground if we don't know

the
weight? Or should that be "Lift Demons"? Pixies have largely fallen into
disrepute - something about Bernoulli not being representative in

unbounded
conditions and cause and effect being transposed in the Newtonian model.

I have it on fair authority that current research in the field of inertia
free propulsion has shown great promise through the use of properly

modified
felines.
As I understand it, jelly (flavor not specified) is spread evenly over the
felines back.
When the creature is tossed lightly into the air, the third
law of universal fate dictates that it land jelly side down.
However this does not occur due to the intervention of the feline landing
axiom (feet first).
The above conflicting forces result in a stable hover.
The subject felines have demonstrated the ability to control their own
velocity at will.
The only loose ends delaying the full commercialization of this process is
the matter of persuading the felines to:
a. work in teams.
b. not lick off the jelly.
c. follow a flight plan.
As there seems to be a deficiency in feline herding instincts, any
suggestions would be appreciated by the parties involved.

Jim E