Old January 14th 08, 05:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default F-15 Breakup Animation & video

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message

Sure, it's a different time, you might say, and we've got satellites to
keep an eye on things, now -- but IMHO maintaining a modern Air Force is
cheap insurance, and one of the few things that our Federal Government is
actually *supposed* to be doing with our tax dollars.

Actually, the Constitution does not give the federal government the power to
maintain an Air Force.

Nor does it explicitly give the federal government the power to requlate
telephones, radio, television, or nuclear reactors or create and maintain
NASA as none of those things existed when the Constitution was written.

It is done through interpretation of the intent of the framers.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.