Old December 26th 03, 05:36 AM
JDupre5762

From: "G.R. Patterson III"

Larry Smith wrote:

Cessna service bulletins are copyrighted, which is ironic in a way. They
charge you to tell you your airplane is under recall.

Well, when I owned a Cessna in the early '90s, they didn't. They sent me
every onethat they issued while I owned the plane. And I gave every one of

them to the new owner.

That is true only while you own the airplane and only for those S.B.s etc.
issued while you are the owner. For any Bulletins etc. issued before someone
buys a used Cessna you would have to order them from Cessna unless they were
referenced in an Airworthiness Directive. Cessna does offer a service that
will list for you every applicable SB etc. applicable to a plane by serial
number. The cost varied by how long it took them, as in the more bulletins
applicable the more cost, but was typically between $30 and $50 as I remember.
This was way less money than if I researched it on my own at $50/hour.

John Dupre'