Old December 7th 06, 02:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
R Leonard

Default New NavAir Changes

wrote:
Per OPNAVINST 5030.4F, Enclosure (1), Para 3.b: "...The insignia used
by the [deactivated] squadron is also retired and remains with the
history of that deactivated squadron. A newly established or
redesignated squadron cannot adopt the insignia of a deactivated unit."
I would think this would satisfy any concerns the VF-111 "Sundowners"
alumni have about the possibility of VFC-111 using their insignia.

Then what is the squadron insignia on the new CO's right side . . . and
note his comments. Sure looks like VF-11 to me . . . and I've two or
three of their original circa 1942 leather patches to which to compare.
Sounds to me like he/they are inviolation of your cited OPNAVINST
5030.4F, Enclosure (1), Para 3.b. see

http://www.naskw.navy.mil/inc/cmodul...logFsI d=3852

Rich